IM140.6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Training and Racing are 2 different applications
1. YES

2. For training I use a regular spandex Speedo
- For faster training I will use a Speedo Fastskin Jammer - remember the pool chemicals eat fabric so I tend not to use the nice stuff in a pool.

For Racing it depends on several factors, Water temp, race length and rules - but I own and use all three. All of my Triathlons are openwater events.

A. FSII Hi-Neck Kneeskin for something like Ironman Kona or other events where a wet suit is not allowed by rules due to water temps that are too warm. The FastSkinII is a very fast suit, and easy to get out of in T1.
Wetsuits - Wetsuits, you tend to ride higher in the water so your faster (in short you are more buoyant), and I just tend to just feel safer wearing one.
B. An Ironman Stealth Longjohn wet suit: Where water temps that are warm but still wetsuit legal. This is my normal weapon of choice as I perfer something that does not bind my sholders.
C. The fastest option - an Ironman Stealth full wet suit: I will use my full suit in early season races when ater temps are too cold. Sorry but I'm just a wimp when the water is cold - I HATE COLD WATER.
Many other triathletes I know will use a full for most all of their 1/2 Ironman and Ironman distance events because they are the fastest option.

Last edited by MHR; 01-26-05 at 01:48 AM.