Old 04-07-09, 11:22 AM
23skidoo
Gone World Hepster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by miamijim
The FS and WTB sections for upgraded members goes back to the days when the forum was privately owned. At the time the owner needed a way to generate revenue in order to keep the forum afloat therefore he mandated that only paying members could post in the for sale or wanted to buy sections. I odnt have a problem with that.

Obviously posting WTB of FS items in threads like this would circumvent the previous owners attempt to generate revenue and keep this forum therefore it was prohibited.

Considering the forum is now corporate owned I see no reason for the old system to exist. Forums need to change with the times and the needs of its members regardless of them being paid or unpaid members.

I'm a member of another IB site that happens to be one of the biggest auto enthusiast sites on the 'net and more than likely IB's premier site. Over there they have a FS/WTB section for each sub forum and it works well. The rules are relatively simple with the primary rule being that anything offered for sale must have a price.

If its good for one IB site there no reason it cant be done here.
+1 and I'm a paying member.