baldsue
pedaler

Bikes: 2023 Brompton C Line Electric

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by DArthurBrown
I'm not sure the appropriate place to post this thread. Apologies.

A month ago, my credit card number was stolen and used to make several online purchases (eHarmony, sports channels, adult websites, etc.). My brother's credit card was stolen a month earlier and used to make similar purchases. In both cases, the purchases were made from states we haven't been to in years.

Neither of us use our credit cards for much at all--usually only bike purchases and the like.

Cross-checking our statements, I realized the only online purchase I'd made in the past 6 months was from Niagara Cycle Works. I made a purchase there a month before my number was stolen. My brother had also purchased from them a month before his card number was stolen.

Has anyone else had trouble with this lately?
I've had 2 credit cards breached in the last 2 months. When I compared statements, the only two shops in common were Niagara and Nashbar. I won't do business with either any more. Most people here have said Nashbar is the culprit but now that you've posted, I'm wondering if maybe Niagara is also compromised.

What kind of fraud?

My first card was breached with Amazon downloads, the second card was charged for jewelry, itunes and google-"how to make money on the internet".

Any of this sound familiar?