View Single Post
Old 01-28-05, 09:33 AM
LordOpie

Bikes: 2006 custom Walt Works roadie, 2003 Fuji Finest (road), 2002 Giant Iguana (mtb), 1986 BMW K75 (motor)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mereli
Anyone have experience with a company that organizes mtn bike groups/tours, something like Trek Travel. I'm looking to do a 5-6 day deal, preferably in Colorado this summer. I'm looking for a 50+ mile a day program, sleep in a bed, all meals done for you, supported rides, etc. Any suggestions?
Sounds like you want Bicycle Tour of Colorado or Ride the Rockies... both of which are pavement, but you posted this in the mtb forum, so me confused.

If you want a dirt tour, I don't think you can find one that'll put you in a bed/hotel. If you want to camp and be fully supported, check out www.Bikerpelli.com -- people have raved about it. It's only 142 miles, so not your level of epic, but still pretty huge. You end up in Moab, Utah, so if you want more miles, there are support tours of the 100 mile White Rim nearby.

If you want comfort -and- dirt, you should stay in a hotel in Winter Park or Crested Butte... they've got trails just few miles from most hotels. Don't remember how many miles CB has, but WP has over 500 miles of trails. Lift service available for gravity runs.