View Single Post
Old 01-28-05, 02:55 PM
snakehunter
Local Genius

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This wasnt on a bike, but I think it counts..........

To understand the story here is some background info; I am an aspiring herpetologist, I live for reptiles and amphibians, which is how I got into mnt biking, biking to areas I looked for snakes just set the hook in my mouth to get a good rig and ride for pleasure. My father is a hunter education instructor for the state, and we travel in the counties to places to teach. NOW on to the story............

We where at a local range club teaching a class, I got board, and hearing of copperhead stories I decided to try and check some venomous snakes off of my 'to catch list' as I wander down a trail I notice some interesting things, targets, I had stumbled on to the tarchery trail, no worries I had blaze orange on, and no one was to be hunting on the property. The targets where foam animals, turkies deer etc etc, even some baboons and other funny animals.

As I meander down the trail I think of things, current events, life, everything, its really a self centering practice. I remember a story of the hiker/biker being attacked by the mountain lions and I sart to think what would I do in tha situation..........lets pause I just want to say that ALOT of mental preperation is not enought to equip you for some instances PLAY......... As I pass a few piles of stacked wood I saw him, crouched, ears back, and looking DIRECTLY AT ME!!!!! I froze, there are no words for the fear that gripped my heart, I was dead, a squishytoy for my opponent. As we sat at a gaze (he gazed, I froze). A million things ran through my head.......................then one caught me.............I was in the middle of an archery range.....................with foam dummies as targets....................I had been in advertantly punked!!........my formidable opponant was a foam dummy, and I almost had to explain why I peed myself infront of 100 people I didnt know!! (Ididnt pee myself but I was close)

So inclosing I would just like to say that no matter how much you think you will never be prepared for the real deal.
-Jacob