Old 04-14-09, 09:01 PM
mad5427

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fitness/Hybrid Bikes for wife

Hello all.

My wife has been looking at and riding all sorts of different bikes that she's interested in and I was wondering which you all feel is the best of the bunch.

She had and recently sold a Trek 1500. She comes from a mountain bike background and tried to make the move to a road bike but was never very comfortable. She doesn't like the road style handlebars and the very skinny tires. No big deal as we seem to have found a suitable avenue to make her happy and comfortable. She likes the slightly wider tires and the flat bar of the fitness/hybrid models. If she's happy and riding, I'm happy and riding with her.

She rode a Specialized fitness bike and a Cannondale of the same type and she just didn't like either of them.

She has narrowed her choices down to the Trek 7.5 FX, Trek 7.6 FX, Trek 7.5 and 7.6 women's versions, Giant FCR 1, Giant FCR 2 and the Giant FCR 1w.

She's ridden all of the above models and we know her size. She easily fits and is very comfortable with both the men's and women's versions of both of the bikes. It's now just preference, price and quality. The question is which level of components. Knowing my wife, I'd say it is really between the Trek 7.6 Men's version, Giant FCR1 Men's and Giant FCR 1w. They seem like they'd be best for us doing road riding. The 7.5 seems to have more mountain bike gear ratios versus the 7.6, which is more like her old road bike. Thoughts?

Also, the Giants are doubles while the Treks are triples. Is there a reason that one would be better than the other?

Also, are there any other bikes that she might want to look at? Again, she's ruled out the fitness versions by Specialized and by Cannondale.

Thank you very much.