Old 04-16-09, 12:21 PM
Cannondale Tri

Bikes: 1997 Cannondale R600

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New to racing bikes and new to tri

I've just joined the forum, and I am glad to see such useful information. But, if I can get a little help for my situation...that would be great! I am a Mom with three children. I started walking to get fit after #3 last year. Then I just sort of got stuck in January. I needed a goal to push myself, and so I found a local sprint-tri for early Sept. 2009. I started training about two months ago. I call it training as it is for the race, but with three children and an active household, I take my 30 minutes where I can

I was just given a Cannondale R600 (late 90s model). It's from my brother. It looks beautiful...and well, frightening. In the last 13 years, I've owned a 1995 Schwinn mountain bike and a 1996 Gary Fisher. By the way, I live by no mountains. This Cannondale weighs about 40-50 pounds less than my mountain bikes. It is actually made for me and my size, and did I mention tiny tires? I received the bike yesterday. The tires need to be filled, and I'm off, right? For someone who has never raced or been on a racing bike and has no understanding of the gears, what two or three main pieces of advice can you give to me today?

Any help will be read and appreciated. I'm sure I'll be back to quiz on the swim and run, but one thing at a time

Cannondale Tri