View Single Post
Old 04-18-09, 05:34 PM
ChiapasFixed
hipster traffic dodger

Bikes: IRO Mark V Pro, home made bamboo track bike, eddy merckx corsa extra, Airnimal Joey commute, UGADA Tikit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dont get me wrong, the joey is very stiff, fast ride. in terms of riding better over bumpy roads, the NWT or the Tikit actually feel more comfortable, maybe due to the fact that they are steel and th joey is aluminium... the wheel size does not seem to make much difference in this regard.
the fold on the joey is ok, but it takes 3-5 minutes for the quick fold, and after that you have a loose wheel and handlebars to deal with, and about 30-45 minutes to pack in a suitcase. the suitcase is oversized meaning you MAY be charged extra when checking into a flight, and it is impossible to find a replacement for. I know because my joey's suitcase broke and i spent months searching for an alternative with no luck.
in contrast, bike fridays fold quickly without removing the wheels and pack into any standard samsonite suitcase (10-20 minutes to pack or unpack the Tikit, about 20-30 for the NWT).