View Single Post
Old 04-19-09, 06:30 AM
rtay

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by late
The Old School Rule was a fist of seatpost. The idea was to get as big a frame as you could. I'd just bet you have about a fist.

I have short legs, and on most of my bikes, I haven't been able to stand flatfooted.

I got used to it.

Like the other guy said... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Btw, you were in a bike shop talking to bike salesmen whose job it is to sell..... you'll never guess this one.....wait for it...

Hi - I'm about the same size as the OP and ride a 56cm. I had the same problems he had about sizing but now adjusting to it. (see my earlier post) I was thinking about a smaller bike when I upgrade next, so interested in what you say about getting the largest size you can get. Is this right? I thought pro riders got smaller frames for lower centre of gravity? I have about 1cm standover clearance, a fistful (and two fingers) of seatpost and no spacers. But my saddle is way forward. If I got a 54cm next, I could push back the saddle and lengthen my stem, but how would this impact the performance compared to the 56cm? I rode a 53cm and it felt like a BMX.