View Single Post
Old 04-19-09, 01:16 PM
Buglady

Bikes: 2018 Ghost Square Trekking B2.8 e-bike; 2015 MEC Cote gravel/touring bike; 1985 Boyes-Rosser tourer, now outfitted as Winter Trundle-bike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Are you kidding? I'd LOVE to be with a guy who rides. (As long as he doesn't have nicer legs than me ). If he uses a bike as primary transportation - hey! So do I! This is great, we can carry twice as much home from the store, and maybe explore the town a bit more as we do so. Bike dates are awesome.

Owning a car is no measure of a man's worth, and any woman who thinks it is probably isn't someone you want to date anyway.

(I will add one caveat - I know one couple where the man does not know how to drive, and relies on his girlfriend and friends to drive him everywhere. He is perfectly capable of learning but does not see any reason he should bother (exact quote). That does bug a lot of his friends, and I know his girlfriend is getting a bit sick of it. It would be one thing if he had actively chosen a car-free lifestyle, but he has only been out cycling once in the 4 years since I met him (I fixed his bike for him), and he whines constantly about the bus system. So, if you don't have a car, but friends offer to drive you, it's good karma to offer to take a turn at driving (especially on long trips!!).)