View Single Post
Old 04-19-09, 09:10 PM
smittie61984

Bikes: 1996 GT Timberline (All Rigid), Aspect 45 (Hardtail), Schwinn Pro Stock 2,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Adrenaline biking. Sounds good.

DCmurf:
The speech is about 3-5 minutes. Trying to make it good because my last speech I barely passed. Apparently in the corporate world you can't say the "S" word, even if it's part of a quote. Tough change for me consideirng my job is for a utility construction company and you can't give a speech without throwing in "Listen here you GD MF stupid SOBs. This is how "poop" works. Fail to listen and your dumbass will die". Otherwise people won't take you serious and someone will get killed or hurt. This PC stuff is jsut a giant change to me.

The speech has to have Visual Aids, a Power Point, and othe crap. Normally I have to dress up fancy (I have no fancy or nice dress clothes at all) but instead I'll wear my mountain biking shirt and Izumi baggies with my Shimano SPD shoes since it's a theme.

Might just do mountain biking but I know another kid in the class is a hardcore mountain biker (way beyond me) and I'm sure that'll be his subject. He also looks part comptuer geek so I'm sure his power point stuff will be on movie production scale.

My audience. Most of the class can give you a better analysis of the latest in celebrity and jock worship happenings than ET, TMZ, and ESPN combined. But I have 1 Triathlete, 1 hardcore mountain biker, and 1 part time mountain biker who is a computer geek. I'm just a knuckledragging silverback who can speak and stomps on technology when it gets confusing.

But I figure if I put in BMX I can incorporate my giant scar from when I busted my spleen doing a jump...

Oh yeah. It's a 2year tech school and an evening class with an average age probably around 25-30.