juggleaddict

Bikes: LHT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
1. Family = wife? Or family = parents?

2. Do they want to come along because they don't think you'll be safe, and they think you'd appreciate the company, and because they think this will be easier for you? OR ...... Do they want to come along because they want to travel, but aren't up to cycling it all so they think this would be a great way to travel, see your country, and spend some family time together?
family = parents, and brother.

They don't want to have aaaanything to do with bicycle touring.

---------------------------------------------------
Thank you all for your suggestions, this gives me a much better idea of how I can be more tactful in finding a solution. There are some conflicting ideas, but most people here (as I would expect) think I should find a way to do it without bike and build. I will end up with some partners, and I'll probably end up with a cheaper bicycle so that I can pay for it by myself, and I'll still contact them maybe once a week. After reading this, and thinking about it more. I see the two activities (bike and build vs. unsupported) as completely independent from each other.

Thank you all for the support and advise. : )

(The situation is NOT helped by last nights events: I got hit by a car; bike's torn up, but I'm fine amazingly, only a scrape on the finger and leg, He kinda hit me out of the way with the front right and it looks more like a fall. I kinda tore up the side panel and front light. Both our faults. . . . so much for that new bartape. . . damn.)