muzik
Fresh Meat!

Bikes: Giant Trance X3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First "real" MTNB. need help

Im lookin to spend $1,000. on a MTNB. maybee a little more!?

I dont know where to really start here, so i will tell you a little about myself.

Im 225lb, 6'5'', athleticly built and 28 yrs old. Ive just recovered from a medial torn miniscus knee surgery and im very excited to get into the sport of biking.

Ive rode before my injury, but nothing serious. I owned a mongoose "FS" I bought from wallmart 8yrs ago and sold it when i got injured 2 yrs ago, dont laugh.!

Ive been looking around town here in las vegas for a bike. So far im lookin at the DB Recoil 09 COMP 20" and the DB Response COMP 09 22", both $699.

First off im not sure weather to go with hardtail or FS (advantages/disadvantages)..?

My height and weight are an issue and i need some guidance in frame size and quality..?

Are the DB's im lookin at good for me, or good at all..?

Im very mechanicly inclined so i have no problem building a bike if thats the better option and get more for the $.

If it matters i like to ride on the St, mostly because im spontanious (construction sites ,jump curbs and any city obstacles, there are lots of St here that are Hilly), and somtimes i like to do trails. So im into both really.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks guys/girls
Luke