Old 04-26-09, 01:51 PM
zeo_max

Bikes: FUJI Nevada 1.0 2009

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lebowski
im an XC/trail rider from wisconsin. the season has just started for me the trails in my area reopened about a week ago. normally temperatures are in the 40-60 degree range (ferenheit) the other day for some reason it got into the mid 80's. maybe i am just not used to it but i damn near passed out.

i have the largest reservoir i can find (100 oz) i usually put one packet of electrolyte drink (supposed to be for 20 oz) in to my bladder. i usually drink a lot of water when riding, maybe more than the average joe.

the other day i drank my 100 oz of water in less than 3 hours. i want to ride much farther distances in hotter weather what can i do?

-i was thinking of maybe adding two bottles to my bike and some cages then strapping them down
-maybe i could fit a couple bottles in the cargo compartment of my backpack
-perhaps i could soak my jersey in a creek to keep me cooler
-i think there is a well about a mile from the trail head. it does taste pretty bunk though
Your drinking too much. I carry 2 polar water bottles 24 oz. each. One with water and one with gatorade. And I live in Puerto Rico, we have tropical climate all year long. I usually go on 3 hour rides, and always drink the gatorade first. I also carry 2 gel packets for energy.