View Single Post
Old 04-27-09, 02:12 PM
zoltani
sniffin' glue

Bikes: Surly crosscheck ssfg, Custom vintage french racing bike, Bruce Gordon Rock & Road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I got two rides in this weekend. Saturday I went from SF across the GG bridge, then along HWY 1 to Stinson Beach. After a nice sandwich I climbe up Panoramic HWY to the Pan Toll Campground before heading back to SF. It was about 45miles total and around 2700-ft of climbing. All in all it was a great ride despite the terrible headwind on HWY1 and a really close call with a BWM on the Mt. Tam decent.

I always take the lane on that decent because I am going at least 30 and the curves are tight. In my mind this is the safest way for me to ride. Apparently a silver BWM station wagon did not feel the same and passed me very close, honking and flipping me the bird, with an oncoming car in the opposite lane. Am I wrong to take the lane on such a decent? Why is it always the luxury cars that are so impatient and feel the need to put people's lives in danger?

Yesterday I did PAradise loop from the City. It was windy, but a nice day to be out on the bike. Total miles from my place is about 46 miles. Hopefully the two rides have helped me prepare for my 400+ mile tour that starts this Friday.