Old 04-27-09, 10:58 PM
meaculpa
meaculpa

Bikes: 07 Bianchi Volpe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My doctor had some time after my shift ended so I headed over. He doubts there's any fracture & just gave me the 'take it easy for a couple of weeks' I'd expected. So a big fuss over not much apparently. It still hurts like hell to haul my 40+lbs of commute bike & gear up & down the stairs so I'm going to risk keeping it in the garage for the week.

I hear you dminor. Its been 10+ years since I rode a mtn bike and that was all super-easy stuff. But I'm addicted to the ride now, big fat Kenda tires that roll over everything. Still its total beginner rides, I wouldn't want anyone to see the noob-goofs I'm making. I've been taking it gradual, practicing on shallow steps, logs & rock piles as well as riding curbs. And its not like building skills isn't fun all by itself.
Ka_Jun you got it right, I was riding all over near & around the Fire Trail, crossed the crick & climbed up to the baseball field near Beechwood. Those trails are a blast both up & down.

I've got to say that its scary how every so often I just grab the brake at the wrong moment...I need to develop a new relationship to my brakes...

Last edited by meaculpa; 04-27-09 at 11:02 PM.