Old 04-28-09, 09:39 AM
poboxnyc

Bikes: Brompton

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Brompton

I've had my Brompton for a year in New York. Picked it over a Tiket and absolutely no regrets. It is engineered beautifully -- a work of art in my opinion. I've never had a problem with my brakes--got the better ones. I've taken it into restaurants, movie theatres, picnicked with it and gone shopping-- using it as a rolling cart with the Brompton pannier. It is the perfect bike for urban living. I've found that the bike when folded up can be almost invisible even in a crowded store or restaurant--- the more matter of fact I am about it, the less attention I get. If I need to get back home quickly--fold it and into the subway or a cab even if need be. If I take a trip outside the city, it fits neatly in the back and I'll leave the car and meander for a while.

Haven't flown with it yet -- when I do -- will get the Brompton hard case --- this thing packs cleanly in about 20 seconds.

The only thing I would have done differently knowing what I know now -- would have bought a 3 speed --- don't use more than two gears.