View Single Post
Old 04-28-09, 03:50 PM
Rutnick

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ban guzzi
Wow! That bike is beautiful! And I really like the idea of brifter rear, con front. Hmmm....

I plan on using this bike as a camping get away and year round commuter. I figured what the heck, and splurged (for me anyway) on parts a bit since I'll be on this thing for over 6k a year.

Thanks a lot for all the help. My Lbs is going to be very happy to see me this weekend!

http://www.gunnarbikes.com/rocktour.php

Before you go....check this option. It's a gunnar rocktour with moustache bars and barends. It comes in 26" wheels or 29".

You can even get it with mounts for racks. If you are loading it down, i'd suggest two forks. One rigid fork for when you are commuting/camping and another for when you need suspension for off road stuff.

I don't know how tall you are but I may get shot for this but 29ers are better for people that are 6 foot and above. I know people will disagree but the geometry, handlebars and stems get weird on a shorter bike.

Will you be loading it up as well? Remember if you need a rack, it will need rack mounts.

Rivendell has a bike like the RockTour if you want to spend twice as much for 1/2 the bike.

PLUS, the Gunnar frame is USA made.