View Single Post
Old 04-29-09, 09:06 PM
alfonsopilato
eBiker

Bikes: CCM Moutain bike fitted with 408 Crystalyte motor, 48V 12 AH battery, 20 amp 48 v Crystalyte controller

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't want to beat a dead horse, a lot of what folks are saying here rings true, especially about how to extend your range by making smart use of the throttle.

i have a 12ah 48volt lifepo4 , 20a controller with 408 motor. Making smart use of the throttle i get 60km out of a full charge. That about 5km per ah. If i use it liberally i get around 3km/ah.

i also got the cycle analyst, it's super great and yes you can set it to control maximum amps drawn and cut off voltage as well as top speed... only thing is, you need to make sure you waterproof the thing, otherwise if you're like me, riding when it pours, your analyst will fry, which happened to me, but the good folks at ebikes.ca were kind enough to fix it under warranty.

anywho .. what i'm really after is the type of motor you have. is it a 400 or a 500 series?

with regards to the controller, i place it right behind and under my chair , so it gets lots of cool air when riding. i fasten it using plumbing restraints .. it's an alloy belt with a screw that you turn to tighten the belt. i don't know the exact name but you can get it at any home depot type store in their plumbing or air vent sections. i use two belts to fasten the controller to the bike, i then ductape the whole thing so to make it nice an uniform. trust me, if anyone wants your controller, they will realise quickly its solidly attached to your bike, plus they need to know what to do with it. so i won't worry too much about it getting stolen. the controler really belongs on the bike and in open space, just make sure it's water proofed. you're gonna laugh, mine is wrapped in plastic and duct tape, and it doesn't get hot at all.. maybe because it's a 20a vs a 40a.. but i also think it being outside must be helping a great deal.

i'm not a pro.. just a jo :-))

i've attached a pic of my bike and where the controller is.. oh and also, i keep my battery in the front not the back, less weight on the back wheel etc.. bike is more balanced that way.. ok ciao for now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
controller.jpg (98.5 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by alfonsopilato; 04-29-09 at 09:23 PM.