Old 02-02-05, 12:42 PM
WildBill

Bikes: 2004 Specialized Allez Comp Cr-Mo Double - Full Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ziggurat
Yeah, but Tom Hanks has chosen to go into a profession where his face is basically his calling card.

Lance is an athlete in a sport that is pretty underwatched in the US. Granted he is HUGE as far as cycling is concerned, but I would bet he can move around pretty much undetected 75% of the time.
I thought of this at first too, but the only thing that shoots holes into this theory is him dating Sheryl Crow. If he didn't want to be in the spotlight or more of a "celebrity" then you'd think he'd not date celebs.

Originally Posted by Ziggurat
I dunno, just a thought. Plus, was the detective guy acting like a tool. If there is one thing I have noticed watching the Lance Chronicles: The man does not suffer fools lightly! He might be our "ambassador", but he's still got a lot of Texas in him.
I totally agree, they definitely were trying to get his goat...with the "I thought you had only won 5" comment and he definitely is a texan at heart. My only thought was that you'd think he'd have been told numerous times to always be aware of how he is viewed. You know somewhere there is a PR person responsible for him.

Regardless of his occasional arrogances, he is still by far a favorite of mine.