Raising the Abyss

Bikes: Expensive ones that I ride slowly

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hocker
Welcome to Colorado!
I like Sports Garage best. Nice people and knowledgeable, they are always patient and take time to explain differences between parts and gear options. Never a hint of cyclist elitism. They are high-end though and don't usually have sales. They have a group ride on Sundays that is open to everyone. Vecchios is a boutique shop, I go there and drool at their selection of frames, nice guys too. I've heard about a used bike shop in NoBo, but I can't confirm it. Amante is interesting, latte sipping in spandex and then a brutal hammer fest...truly Boulder indeed. Also, the "Republic of Boulder" stuff is ridiculous...maybe 20 years ago when Boulder was THE liberal enclave of Colorado....there is a bit everything Boulder, mostly rich everything.
Thank you for saying that --- I find Boulder to be one of the most capitalistic places I've ever been to. Commies, my arse.
"...in Las Vegas where -the electric bills are staggering -the decor hog wild -and the entertainment saccharine -what a golden age -what a time of right and reason -the consumer's king -and unhappiness is treason..."