Old 02-02-05, 09:42 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Journeyed to Colorado Springs today to visit with Christopher Cole, MD, trained at the Cleveland Clinic (CC), who is doing the trials for the new technique of cryogenic ablation, along with a couple of other sites in the USA.

After usual EKG, filling out reams of medical history, etc., and meeting with the aide and the NP, we got to talk.

Some thoughts:

1. The success rate for the first cryogenic trial (done less than 6 months) ago is 50%.

2. We discussed about the two techniques - the one similar to a MAZE procedure and the PVI, which is used at CC. He stated that he is moving more towards the modified MAZE, along with the guy at Michigan (morardi or something like that), but the CC is still using the PVI. The EP that I consulted here in Denver believes that the modified MAZE is the procedure of the future.

3. Dr. Cole worked with and was trained directly by Natale.

4. Dr. Cole stated that the success rate on first ablation at CC was 70-80%, and higher for those that failed the first but had a 2nd.

Okay - I am going to get my name on the wait list for CC, but in the interim, I am going to see if the treatment for sleep apnea in itself reverses the AFib. Dr. Cole felt there was a possibility that this could happen, especially if helped with a cardioversion.

Right now, I am going to get on with my life!

Thanks