jdmitch
Non-Spandex Commuter

Bikes: Trek Soho S

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gholland
Well - the Chariot hitch-mount worked great with the Giant Transend EX w/ the Alfine hub. The axle is plenty long. The potential problem with the other bike was the way the rear-drop was designed. If there is a sliding rear drop out it may be difficult (see the new Swobo Baxter and 2009 Trek Soho). The axle is attached to the "slide-out" portion and this would cause the hitch-mount to overlap with the frame and make it uneven; i.e. you can't do it. However, on the Transend EX the drop-out is not sliding so there was no problem - there was no conflict with the fender or rack.

My wife has been pulling the kids around every day since picking it up last Friday (its Monday today). She likes the bike so much she looks for reasons to run errands and the kids love going to the park whenever offered. This isn't a review of the bike, but I have to say the Giant Transed EX is one awesome ride. The Alfine is awesome and uncomplicated. The ride is relaxed and comfortable without being too upright - it is simply a solid package. I've even ridden it several miles and am bummed that it doesn't come in my size.
Sweet! Glad to hear it worked out!