View Single Post
Old 05-04-09, 02:12 PM
NealH

Bikes: S-Works Tarmac

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I sure am glad that I didn't sign up for the century because there is no way I would have completed it. Rain, cold, and lots of leg burning climbs. Even the metric was a bit extreme, but it was a good route with some scenic landscapes (when I could see them through the fog). Just wish it had been sunny and dry. The miles of flatland riding could be counted on one hand.

I still can't get over how fast that tandem and you passed me heading to Ellijah. After you yelled, I gave it everything I had, yet you'll just kept pulling away. Just no way I could bridge the gap.

I felt mostly Ok on the climbs, but after that last rest stop at Pine Creek I knew my legs were rapidly reaching their limits, not to mention sloushing around in the shoes. Anyway the last few miles once on 64 were a relief. A really great mountain route, just too bad it rained so much.

The post ride lunch was about as good as they get. All homemade stuff and, all excellent. That apple cobbler dish was first rate. It was a well supported event.