View Single Post
Old 02-04-05, 07:45 AM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Bikeforums.net has gotten so big with so many posts, that I no longer even attempt to participate in much except the 50+ forum, FOO, Training and Nutrition. I find that every question on earth possible has been asked and answered again and again in the Road and General and other forums.

I can remember when having 20-30 people online at any one time was a "big" group, and often there were 7-10 people, with maybe 10-20 messages posted daily. You sort of knew everyone, and even had chats with them. Now there are 100's of messages posted daily, and there is no way to keep up. The whole forum has become quite fragmented, which makes trying to keep all threads in their proper "pew" sort of a laughable experience. Progress? I guess!

I would prefer to see comprehensive (all areas included) "mini-forums" where you at least had a clue about the other posters than the segmentation we have now. I believe we try to do that in the 50+ forum, but the moderators keep trying to keep things "straight" by moving the posts they don't think are strictly 50+. It is unrealistic, given the size of the group and the number of posts.

Last edited by DnvrFox; 02-04-05 at 08:10 AM.