View Single Post
Old 05-09-09, 07:40 AM
blakcloud

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
So they wouldn't order a bunch of obscure replacement parts for wheels you seem to have bought somewhere else?

And you're slagging them for that? Do we even know if they run through OGC? I agree it would have been nice if they'd just said "there is no way we can make money off of this when we have customers in the store that need help buying actual bikes here right now" but that would have made most people even madder.

So why not have the shop where you bought the wheels order the parts?
Easton wheels and you say "obscure parts", somehow I don't think so. Were not talking a small bolt from a 1963 Campy derailleur. Maybe they don't have them in stock, but they DID say they would check with the distributor. Which means a. they wanted his business and b. they deal with OGC. So in my mind one of two things happened: 1. They got wrong information from whomever they talked to if they did phone OGC, or be they weren't bothered to even phone. Either way the truth would be best way out of that.

Plus as the OP already posted, which you must have missed, so here it is again.

"I'll finish off by pasting a quote from Bike Depot's website and let you be the judge if they walk the talk:
"The one aspect we did have control over was the quality of our service. The mandate of the store became simple--every customer is to be treated like a family member." "

So he wasn't treated like a family member at least not in my eyes. I am coming to the conclusion that you buy bikes from your LBS but you mail order parts from the U.S. unless your LBS has it in stock.