Missbumble 
I'm a Cyclist!

Bikes: Specialized Dolce Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
3rd Century Ride - 2nd of 2009

Just wanted to report in that I rode in another century (up the Creek without a Pedal). Jeesh that was a lot of work!! Started at 8AM in Rome GA ( where the Tour de GA was located) and I finished at 5PM. It was a long day - but an easy 100 if there is such a thing. It still kicked my butt. As we started out it threatened to rain - but I figured what's a little water - compared tot last week's thunder and lightning...

I rode off by myself - and quickly met up at the first rest stop with some old biking buddies (Ok people i met in the last year of my cycling) and we rode together until Mile 30. I started fast - and then slowed a bit. I figured the decision to do the 100 was at the 30 mile point. So I figure it's just a fun loop. It really was a harder bunch of hills then the first and last 30. So it was a tough loop - and it started to rain. But I had a good time...and found a nice chap at the 30 mile rest stop to ride with me most of the way. (OK he was a spectacular male speciman...I love bikers, married though - but pretty to look at and very nice....)

Somehow I got seperated form my new ride buddy at around mile 87 I think...- and am riding alone - but ahead of two others (we were the last 3 on the course). I am peadlling along... at mile 92 I hear hisssss... What's in the world? It was a flat on my front tire. The two people behind me one of which I knew from riding in group rides..stopped to help. The three of us were by no means experts (I had changed a tire once in my living room with phone support and was considered the exeprt) - but after about 30 minutes we had it changed - and then the SAG driver pulled up an inflated the tire with my CO2. So off we went to the finish. I ride to the mall and hit 98. Oh dear!! SO I did 2+ laps around the mall to get to 100.

Avg 14.9
Ride Time - 6:43:40
Elapsed - 8AM -5PM

Calories per my computer (That doesn't have weight as an input so not accurate) 2966

Went out for Mexican afterwards so likely not a big weight loss - but it was a great ride. And I did it...Century # 3 and Century #2 on 09.

Anyhoo if you are new - you can do it too!! It felt great to have completed a century.