DrPete 
Dirt-riding heretic

Bikes: Lynskey R230/Red, Blue Triad SL/Red, Cannondale Scalpel 3/X9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by PlatyPius
They have bottom bracket shell separation issues.
I'm sure you can provide evidence supporting that the entire brand has this issue and that it's rampant. No? I thought so.

They're ridiculously over-priced.
Um, no. In fact the P2C and P3C are considered some of the best values in the TT/Tri world. Priced out a Pinarello Montello FM1 lately? How about a Ridley Dean?

The only one that rides half-way decent is the RS.
You've either never ridden other models or don't know what you're talking about.

The P4 has been a total failure. Some shops don't even want to carry it.
Yeah, the "total failure" that's still on backorder....

Pretty much all of their bikes are "illegal" now by the UCI rules.
As are just about all aero-style TT/Tri bikes currently on the market. And what percentage of Cervelo owners participate in events where UCI rules apply? Almost none? Yeah, I thought so.

They're primarily for posers who want to impress others, not those who want to impress themselves.
You can have any colour you want as long as it's drab, boring, and monotonous. Red/White, Black/White, White/Black, Red/Black, Grey/Black, ad infinitum.
The fact that you want to "impress yourself" with your bike and consider the number of available colors a drawback to a frame that's very competitively priced and wind-tunnel tested is further evidence that you're not the intended market for a Cervelo, or any performance-oriented bike for that matter. They're made to be ridden and raced, not looked at. The only way I'll ever impress myself or anyone else with my P2C is with a time on a clock, not a paint job or a brand name.

Last edited by DrPete; 05-11-09 at 07:44 PM.