View Single Post
Old 05-12-09, 11:47 AM
puppypilgrim

Bikes: Brodie Force w/ Xtracycle, Dahon Helios, Merida Folding, Pacific Carryme, Softride Classic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djgonzo007
nice job on the bars, I may try something similar with my D7 if possible. what was the width of the bar you used?
Thanks. I went out in a 20 mph wind last night. Half the ride was against the wind and half was with the wind. The bull horns worked very well riding into the wind. I was able to crouch, lower my head and keep pushing into the wind.

The drop bars I chopped and flopped measured 39cm from center to center (C-T-C). The key is in sizing the drop bars to your shoulder width and size of your hands. Experiment by riding with your straight bars or handle bars and putting your hands closer together until you feel comfortable. Mark that position with some tape and ride it some more over a few days to be sure that is what you want.

Drop bars come in different sizes of widths CTC and different depths of drops. Some drops are semi-circular and some are anatomic. Choose your drop bars carefully to suit your needs. Then search how to actually do the cutting of the drop bars.

With the Bontrager gel tape, I would rate the mod. 100% satisfaction for me.