Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1338 Post(s)
Liked 2,476 Times in 1,451 Posts
Different Ride Pictures - Reloaded

Since A'jet posted his get ready for the 76 mile 7000 feet of climbing race, I thought I would post the pics from track workout this morning getting ready for weekend racing at the track - a sprint tournament on Saturday (my birthday) and 4 races on Sunday.

Every Tuesday, a group of us get together for a workout with many between 55 to 71. This is the advanced group training P/1/2/3. I sneak in as a lowly Cat 5 with permission from the leader. It starts with a 40 lap warmup. We then decide what we want to do for the morning with some wanting more sprint work and others endurance. We work out as a team in 3 to 5 person groups in formation. The workout typically takes 3 hours and covers 38 to 40 miles. It starts with a 40 lap warmup and followed by 100 meter jumps. We then decide what we want the rest of the session to be.

When I first started attending these sessions, it was really hard for me. I had trouble surviving the 25 mph pulls let alone a 30 mph pull and then do another interval. Over time, I have improved and now I can keep up with no problem. They still kick my butt sprinting but that is improving as well.

I have a blast at these workouts and racing at the track. It is a great adjunct to my road cycling and does wonders building the engine. At the finish, I rewarded myself with a Muscle Milk: 20 gm of protein drink.

Here is this morning's workout:

40 lap warmup with accelerating speed as we go finishing at ~30 mph.

4 - 100 meter jumps. These are max sprints from a 10 mph rolling start - full recovery.

The next is are a series of team pursuits with 1/2 lap pulls with a one lap rest between sets. Generally, these are performed at ~25 mph with finishing laps 28 to 30 mph.

3X4 (3 sets of 4 laps)
2 lap rest
3X3
2 lap rest
3 -1 1/2
2 lap rest
5X2
6 lap rest
5X2
Full recovery

The next were two flying 200 meter sprints with full recovery between each one. Speed achieved is 34 mph.

After the sprints we practiced full power standing starts. I did two of these. This is the closest thing to weight lifting on a bike you can get.

I then did some 18 to 20 mph recovery laps in the pole lane and at the rail.

Here are the charts. I used a 49/16 for warmup and a 49/15 for all the rest of the workout.

This one is average speed versus distance

Max heart rate over a .1 mile distance versus distance.

Last edited by Hermes; 05-12-09 at 05:30 PM.