View Single Post
Old 05-13-09, 07:42 AM
dkperez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Argh (scream of anguish!)... I hit several shops last evening to try different shoes..... The Shimano MT21 and MT41 are WAY too narrow, even for the LEFT foot!

Tried the specialized Tahoe. Went all the way up to a 48 and the 47s fit the left foot well, but it appears the left food has a higher arch and the right foot is longer and wider - not a ton, but apparently SOME..... 'Cause even the 48 was tight and short on the right foot...

In all, I tried Shimano, Keen, Louis Garneau, Specialized, and a couple others I can't even remember now..... None of them were maked as "wide" - it appears the local shops (south of metro Minneapolis) don't carry anything "wide"...... One shop had Sidi Dominators, but not in mega.

I saw on the Cannondale site that they have one mountain bike shoe in a wide, but again, finding one to try on is going to be difficult...

One of my oddities is that when I get on the foot measuring thing, IT says I'm about an 11D-11 1/2D............. And yet for years I've had to wear at least size 12 "wide" (or EE if I can find specifics) casual shoes......

I'm about at the point of just ordering something like a Lake MX90 on-line in about a 47 wide.....

As hard as this is being, I really have empathy for you guys with size 13 or 14 feet 'cause if it's this hard with a size 12, it must be a royal pain when they're bigger......