Old 05-13-09, 11:46 AM
horaceunit

Bikes: Trek 7100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wheels

I have to say that I did indeed already contact Peter White, as well as a couple of other online places, and was quoted some very high numbers. About 3 times what you mentioned in your post. The LBS did it for $200, and of course I am already having problems. The rep that Mr. White has is impressive (researched it on the web), and I have in the back of my head that in 6 months to a year I may seriously consider having him build an entire bike for me, with a custom rear wheel. The Trek is a good bike, but not really, I have found, what I want. Something closer to a road bike, even if it has to have a beefy rear wheel is what I want. My wife and I have discussed it, and if I can loose 50 lbs or there abouts I can look at getting a new bike. The range we talked about was 1,000-2,000, and it seems to me that for a bit more (well, OK a 1,000 or so more) I am in the ballpark for a custom bike. Either way I have ordered a truing stand so I can start learning how to fix, true and possibly even build my own wheels! Thanks to all for the help on this!