Old 05-14-09, 08:27 PM
jboyd

Bikes: Giant "Rainier"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Back From TSALI (Cats in the Cradle Trip)

Arrived Monday in Bryson City, NC for a few days of mountain biking on the TSALI trails with my son who is going to start his Neurology residency in few weeks. Just got back about an hour ago. Three full days of trail riding. We were beat down, bruised and muddy.

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!! What great fun. We have hundred of pictures and about an hour of video. My son discovered that riding real mountain trails is not the same as riding around the block. He will never look at this so I can tell you all this......... I think he broke is perineum "Taint no good". There is video of me carrying our bikes over a huge tree that had fallen in the trail. My son said "No Dad! We will backtrack. The tree had fallen at a spot where the drop was about 100ft straight down and about the same straight up. There was no way I was going back. We went OVER. (there is video of this).

I will take a couple days to process and will post a link to some pics.

More later. BTW......if anyone wants to meet me back there for a a few days of riding this summer/fall, give me a shout. This is my third trip to TSALI in two years and each one is always better then the last.

Jay