Old 05-15-09, 10:04 AM
Grumpy McTrumpy
gmt

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Another twist on the pulling turn issue

let's say you have been rotating for a while and then suddenly you find yourself on the front for an extended time. Nobody is coming around and the double paceline no longer exists. After a while you start signaling with an elbow flick. Still no response.

Last night I flicked and flicked, looking back to the left and seeing there were riders there. I kept flicking left to compel them to pull through and nothing happened. finally I just had enough and moved to the right some more, hoping it would be more obvious. At this time a rider was silently pulling though on the right. He wasn't halfway up on me yet and I didn't sense him yet. I got yelled at though (probably for moving right as someone was coming up on me). We didn't touch or cause a crash or anything. I am just wondering what I could have done differently. It would have helped if he had told me he was coming up on the right.

Second problem:

I'm in a double paceline at the front of the pack. about 8-10 guys are rotating. as I drop back, holding the wheel of the guy in front of me in the slow lane, I keep looking back to see where the end of the fast lane is. I see a gap, and I fill the gap, then rotate forward. Of course the entire pack is not willing to do this, so there is always a gap. I got yelled at by the guy behind the gap. Is this because he didn't think the gap was large enough for me to fill it? What could I have done differently? Should I have just stayed in the slow lane and hoped that he would close that gap?