Old 05-15-09, 12:51 PM
khunter0211

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cobba
Nice bike but how tall are you?
The bike has a very small frame and you seem to have the seat post extended a fair way, it makes me think that a bigger sized frame might of been a better.
What rear derailleur does it have and what's wrong with it?
The bike when new would of come with a Shimano Deore LX fitted and they are good derailleurs, the chain on the bike looks a bit rusty which will make changing gears a bit rough.
What's wrong with the seat?
If you haven't ridden a bike in a while you'll probably get a sore butt, this will happen with all seats to a certain degree till you get used to them.
I have a 15.5' bike frame and Im 5'7 with a 29 in inseam. The bike shop said I could go to a 17.5 but I felt more comfortable on the 15.5. It rides really well and the seat post is high, too.
Your right the chain is a bit rusty, I will have to change that. The bike shifts ok and hasnt slipped on me yet and yes since i havent ridden in a while any seat will probably hurt at first.
The disc brake ideas sounds good. I guess I bought a new toy and am already wanting to jump the gun and do upgrades that really are necessary right know.
What are your thoughts on disc brake upgrade worth the money or keep the stock v brakes?

Last edited by khunter0211; 05-15-09 at 12:54 PM.