View Single Post
Old 05-16-09, 06:23 AM
mint-sauce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Irish have arrived

Well, one has anyway, the names mint, mint-sauce, readers of a mountain biking magazine published in the UK might reconise the name from a mountain biking cartoon sheep printed amoungst its pages, have not done any mountain biking my self in a while, at least 8 to 9 years.

Living in ireland at the mo, from london originaly, been riding racing bikes since 2001, mountain biking before that, was got into it by a work mate who seen me riding my mountain bike to work one day, got me interested in a local 70 odd mile (110km) annual charity cycle, a few months later was on the start line, with about 100 others, on a 2nd hand Dawes, costing about €100. Now cycling an entry level Obrea, and hopefully, having a 5th go at above cycle this year, aiming for quicker time than the last 2 attempts.

Would describe my style as a keen and ocasionally competive (catching the guy in front, or at least keeping up) leisure/recreational cyclist, although riding no where near what i used to, more about keeping fit and having a bit of fun along the way, the bike still goes into hybernation for a few months each year, go on the odd club run, but usally just do my own thing, done a 60km charity cycle, about 30 odd miles a couple of weeks ago (a few hundred of us), have another charity cycle next month in england (see the london to brighton on the UK board) next month, over 20,000 doing it, which includs a bet with a friend on who will cross the line first between us, before doing the 110km in july.

Other than the bike have an intersest in most sports, more so watching than playing, but do ocassionaly make an appearance on the football (soccer) feild, love my computer, listening to my music, and having a few beers with my mates.

So thats me, my 13th post here, hopefully will get a few more, and chat to ya's all on the boards.