Old 05-17-09, 06:57 AM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by donalson
sorry don't know on sizes... but I know a lot of cycling clothes are sold in euro sizes which are completly off from what us "fat" americans use... one companies 4x is way smaller then another...

i've considered the falconi's... but worry that even their largest 4x is going to be a little to small for my hips (got a big arse)
I don't think it's so much the sizing as the cut, in Europe most people, male or female are larger around the chest, smaller around the waist then larger around the hips, this is easier to see on a female, but males are built that way to, it's just to a smaller degree. Most Americans are more of an apple shape, smaller around the chest and hips and larger around the waist. So clothing designed for a European shape is not going to fit someone of an American shape, even when the size is right. Which is why you need to find a manufacturer who uses a cut more in tune with an American shape. I am not sure about Love2Pedal whether they manufacture their own stuff or buy from other countries. Supposedly Aerotech makes all their own stuff, so they can use a more American cut.