View Single Post
Old 05-17-09, 12:55 PM
Retro Grouch 

Bikes: Catrike 559 I own some others but they don't get ridden very much.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 364 Posts
Originally Posted by HIPCHIP
I now live in Woodland, Ca, a few miles away from Travis. I have gone for several rides since getting back into riding a few weeks ago. I head off east from my house and have a headwind. I make a right and go south-headwind. Go several miles and make another right going west-headwind. Several miles and make another right going north-headwind. Last right turn going east again, still a headwind.

So today I figure I'd outsmart the wind. Instead of starting out going clockwise I'd go counter clockwise on the same course. Seems to make sense as if going clockwise I'm always having a headwind, if I go counter-clockwise I should have a tailwind all the way. Right?

Well guess what? The freakin wind was a headwind the entire way. It's totally crazy, no matter what direction, what time of day, I alway hit a headwind!:
You see a problem, I see opportunity.

Go to your LBS and post a subscriber sign-up sheet. For a nominal fee - say $10.00 - you'll advise them which direction, clockwise or counter-clockwise you are going to ride. For only $10.00 the other riders will benefit from constant tailwinds. Everybody is going to want to sign up, I know that I certainly would.