Old 05-19-09, 10:03 AM
Kevrob
Eternal Newbie

Bikes: Univega Trail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I picked up the hybrid for $40. Did I get a good deal? It is marked as an "Activa Trail", with a CrMo steel frame, painted aqua. The wheels are 700s, it has a "Lawee design" decal, and the grip shifters, brakes and derailleurs are all Shimano. ["GS100" is all over the place.]

This "rarely used" bike had the remnant of the leaf from a tree wedged in the RD, a front reflector that had taken a whack so that it pointed about 45° to starboard, and a saddle that had lost the front third of its upholstery. I had to knock spiderwebs out of the spokes. Still, the tires held air, and it performed OK on a test ride. The back brake squeaks a bit, and there's some minor rusting on parts of the frame, but I like the feel of it.

I just rode it about 4 miles to the library. I've got to get it to the LBS for a tune-up, as overnight the front derailleur stopped functioning. Maybe I jostled a cable when I transferred my Mountain Mirrycle mirror to the left-hand grip, or something. The route I took this morning is up-and-down, and I probably would have spent a lot of time in gears 2-6 anyway!

If and when I can get my hands on a digital camera, I'll try to post some shots.

Kevin

Last edited by Kevrob; 05-19-09 at 11:29 AM.