View Single Post
Old 05-20-09, 09:55 AM
neilfein

Bikes: "Hildy", a Novara Randonee touring bike; a 16-speed Bike Friday Tikit; and a Specialized Stumpjumper frame-based built-up MTB, now serving as the kid-carrier, grocery-getter.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
If you're interested in Noo Joizey, this plan incorporates a lot of touring I've done in my home state:

Ride from home to New Hope by way of Conshohocken; I found that to be a very nice ride.

You could then take the Delaware and Raritan Canal towpath to Trenton, (camping in Bull Island)

Then follow the East Coast Greenway to New York City. (This and the D&RC will put you on routes that have a good number of touring cyclists.)

Ride to Wall Street, either on the roads or on the west side greenway, then take the ferry to Atlantic Highlands, NJ. You can camp south of Sandy Hook.

Ride down the shore, to Point Pleasant. Southwest 'till you hit the Pine Barrens, then turn towards Philadelphia, then home. About 300-350 miles, depending on how you route it.

This is very rough, and I'm not sure there's a lot of camping on the Jersey shore south of the one place I mentioned. I think there's camping in the Pine Barrens.

My bands: