Allegheny Jet

Bikes: confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by smorris
Jet,

I work in Elyria, as well, at Ridge Tool. I used to ride in on the bike. In fact, that's when I decided I needed a helmet. I made contact with cars two days in a row, both turning right immediately after passing me. The first one I didn't have time to react to, and ended up off the road but upright. The second one I was ready to knock off the mirror when I noticed she was turning into a funeral home.

I live about a mile behind LCCC, so it is only 8.5 miles to work for me. Right now, I ride one of the scoots almost every day April to November, as long as there's no salt, ice, or snow on the road. I only have 33k miles on my seven year old car. I'm not sure I can (or rather, want to) drag my butt out of bed early enough to ride the bike in. That might change, though.

Thanks all, for the welcome!
Steve,

I used to live in Elyria near the college also. Abbey road is not very bike friendly, especially around the Turnpike underpass. I work for the Board of MRDD, just west of downtown. Good luck on finding the passion and reasons for bicycle riding again. I'll be commuting today and tomorrow to and from home, so I can get my riding in and still do work and family commitments.