View Single Post
Old 02-08-05, 11:16 AM
Olyroller

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by berny
I raced last night (afternoon 6.30/7.30 crit) and was soundly beaten by two guys (triathletes) who I ride with in training on Saturdays who are v. good strong young riders. I'm 63 and just getting started in racing these last 3mnths. I ride every day and train Saturdays with the tri guys. I race Sunday morning with a Vets club and Monday night with the Penrith Panthers, an open race club.

Problem is one of these guys has never raced road and turns up at my club where he is allowed to 'go around' in my (E) grade where first-timers get to try their hand (or in this case, legs).
He won as I new he would and the other guy came second as I new he would, both by a street working together.
I'm dark on both of them as I feel they took an unfair advantage to take the money.

I know it's not for a sheep station (cattle ranch) but I've worked bloody hard in a grade where I've improved to the point that I can now contest the sprint with genuine 'like graded' participants but get ripped off by these impostors which has left me with a real bad taste in my mouth.

Am I being too competitive or serious?

I can't wait till I see the bludgers next Saturday at training, I'll give 'em hell.
Bern
Welcome to Bicycle racing. Get use to it. Your story has been told forever by others and will be told agian and again. Don't mean to be a downer. Take pride in the work you've done and your own progress. All guys in your age group should get a gold every day for living life to it's fullest. Now go kick some arse.