USAZorro
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1491 Post(s)
Liked 1,088 Times in 637 Posts
Originally Posted by GV27
It's odd to me that someone coming off a doping suspension would be expected to perform up to the same level that he did before the suspension. I actually think he looks fantastic. He looks better than Armstrong, basically coming off the same time off. You can't really expect someone who's been off for two or three years to just jump in where he left off.

We'll see about The Killer. "Not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog". DiLuca certainly has the "eye of the tiger".

Please add your own cliches as necessary.....
Armstrong wasn't training seriously the entire three years he was off - plus he's a few years older. Basso? He was only off for two, and I would think that - even if he wasn't allowed to train with a team, he certainly had no reason not to train seriously through that period. Seems pretty evident now (if it wasn't before), that Ivan resorted to extraordinary means to dominate in 2006. Only time will tell, but I think we'll never again see the Ivan Basso who just rode away from everyone at will on any mountain stage he desired to.