View Single Post
Old 05-22-09, 02:20 PM
lutz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The OP is in a different situation, as his seatpost is extended far out and because of his weight.
For this situation a heavy duty seatpost might be worthwhile - it is sure to be stressed quite heavily. Dedicated MTB downhill seatposts are available from lots of brands (Azonic, Race Face, Titec, ....) all of them offer seatposts which get the job done for hard core downhill freaks. There is a big cult made about Thompson seatposts - be my guest if somebody wants to pay double and triple, only for the name.

If your seatpost is not this stressed, simply because it is not extended very far, there is really no reason to worry!

Originally Posted by TechKnowGN
The one thing for me, because my budget is so light right now, is that if I'm not having a problem, Im not going to spend money to fix said non-existant problem.

I have a Fuji Absolute 4.0, and it came with the stock Fuji Micro Adjust Aluminum and I haven't been the least bit worried about the seat post. I just feel like all the other components are going to have problems before a relatively short and well shaped piece of aluminum. Even one holding my 324# rear.