View Single Post
Old 05-23-09, 03:23 AM
pastorbobnlnh 
Freewheel Medic

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales & a Super Pro Aero Lotus (* Ed.)

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1452 Post(s)
Liked 2,195 Times in 962 Posts
I'm not a C-Dale expert. Check the date using the info from Vintage Cannondale regarding reading your serial number on the bottom of the BB shell. Realize that frames made late in the year could be the next year's model. For instance, this week I picked up a T700 with a date code of October 1995--- but it has the 1996 paint color.

At the suggestion of Torchy McFlux and kramnnim I checked the 1990 catalog. I believe your MTB is the SM700 (click the attached file below). This looks like your bike except it is missing the the green splotches, so your C-Dale might be a '92-'93.

I also looked on bikepedia. It only goes back to 1993 and has basic information on the M700. This also matches up. As you can see it ran in the mid $800s that year. You have inherited a very nice, almost 20 year old MTB from your Dad. When you begin your service to our country (thank you), give Pops a big hug and strict orders to take good care of the bike while you are away. No more deep storage. Clean and polish it and keep it in your bedroom!

May you be safe in all your future endeavors.

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...M700&Type=bike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1990 SM700.JPG (64.5 KB, 25 views)

Thanks for visiting my website: www.freewheelspa.com