Old 05-26-09, 10:39 AM
Nota

Bikes: a celeste green one; 5.5 Madone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well gang, I'm back. I did it!

I pedaled the whole BRP, including a climb up Mt Mitchell, in 4 days.

Day 1 Thursday 5/21/09: MP-0 to MP-121
Day 2 Friday 5/22/09: MP-121 to MP-251
Day 3 Saturday 5/23/09: MP-251 to MP-344
Day 4 Sunday 5/24/09: MP-344 to MP-469 (including a climb up Mt. Mitchell in between)

It was a lot of fun and, all in all, a great trip, though it turned out to be even harder than what I anticipated. The days were long, and the hours spent in the saddle many, but the scenic views as well as the overall experience, was unforgettable. I don't know that I'd ever want try to do it again, in just 4 days, but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

If you've ever dreamed of bicycling the whole Parkway, I highly reccomend it. Stop dreaming about it and ......Just Do It! I'd been entertaining the notion of doing it for about a year now, and when I realized (about 2-wks ago) that I was going to turn 45 y/o next week, I decided the hell with it, I'm going to just do it - while I'm still young.

I have a bunch of pics of the trip that I'm still sorting through. I'm going to try to get them loaded on my webshots site, and then post a link to it here in case anyone wants to see them. I know WP does.