View Single Post
Old 07-07-02, 05:53 PM
Dwagenheim
In Banff, AB

Bikes: Cannondale F400, Worksman Trike (customized for hauling)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Computer Crazy! 7.6.02

I finished up my work on the hostel website. After that, I began to work on my own site, trying to add in the photos I had taken over the past couple weeks. It was a hard task choosing which ones to post, but I think I got the best ones lined up. I took a ride downtown while the day still looked decent. I checked out a bead shop I’d seen in the yellow pages but it was pretty lame. I got a little creeped out by the old lady hacking and coughing as she moved her way slowly up to the front of the store as if I was the first customer in weeks. I felt guilty not buying anything, but I really didn’t see anything I liked or felt I could use. I rode back to the hostel and took some photos of the area shops nearby for Gerry to post on the hostel website. Right when I got back, it began to rain. I guess my timing was good. I found out that my package wasn’t due until Monday, which would mean I wouldn’t be leaving Fairbanks until Tuesday morning. I hope I can avoid the rain on my way to Tok. I really didn’t want to spend this much time here in Fairbanks. There doesn’t seem like much to do around here with the rainy weather and I’m getting a little restless spending so much time on the computer. Hopefully, tomorrow I’ll be able to finish posting the rest of my journaling, photos and possibly update my website. I have to say though, that I’m grateful for having set up these very decent accommodations at the hostel while I’m here in town. (10 miles)

Peace

Dave
Whirrled Peas - No War!