Old 05-27-09, 11:10 AM
umd
Banned

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac SL2, Specialized Tarmac SL, Giant TCR Composite, Specialized StumpJumper Expert HT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by spinwax
Yes, he has really stepped up his game. His Cat 5 and early 4 finishes were nothing to write home about and then all of a sudden the kid is cleaning up. My buddy is on his team. Sounds like a good kid and is taking the sport pretty seriously. His time even beat my friend Deven who is 18 and a II. I was suprised they have not moved him to a Cat II already like Deven. I can see Shane is taking advantage of his threshold power.

From my chart his power numbers put him in the middle of the Cat I profile.
Is it Deven or Devan? Anyway, he's a beast too. He showed up at Murietta and cleaned up in the crit, taking all the primes and the win, and when I attacked from the gun in the circuit race, he was at the front of the train pulling me back in. I spoke with him after the race and he said it was his first race in the 4s. At Punchbowl in the 3s he attacked into the wind a few miles from the end and soloed to the win (although my teammate almost caught him), and then at the crit the next day he nearly lapped the field . He seemed to disappear at Ventura though, maybe he coming off form, or he finally found people faster than him