View Single Post
Old 05-28-09, 01:44 PM
wfrogge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Racer Ex
I emailed them and they re-opened pre reg. I'm in for the P/1 NRC race. It'll be a good warm up before the Master's races on Sat and Sun.
Tulsa got a little tougher for you

http://www.tulsatough.com/site/tulsa.../1?entry_id=53

(Tulsa, OK) – Floyd Landis, former Tour de France superstar and Lance Armstrong teammate, announced his participation today in the 4th annual Tulsa Tough, May 29-31, along with his teammates from the OUCH Maxxis Pro Cycling Team.

“It’s been our goal since day one to bring the best talent in the world to Tulsa, it’s exciting to see that vision becoming reality in just a matter of years,” said Malcolm McCollam, Tulsa Tough event director.

In addition to the Tulsa Tough races, Landis will be doing a free to the public presentation on his BHR hip resurfacing, which he received shortly after the 2006 Tour de France. The presentation will be at City Hall, One Technology Center, from noon-1:30 p.m., Thursday, May 28.

“I’m really looking forward to it,” said Landis. “I’ve never raced in Oklahoma, and I hear great things about this race.”

Landis will be signing autographs on Friday night in the Blue Dome district from 6-7 p.m.

“Cycling fans can come out and get Floyd’s autograph and then watch him race right here in Tulsa,” said McCollam. “That’s exciting.”

The 2009 edition of Tulsa Tough was added to the National Race Calendar, making it part of the professional circuit for cycling in the United States. With that designation organizers expect a huge increase in the caliber of racers coming and the impact of the event on the community.

“This year is by far the most exciting, we have international talent with multiple current and former national champions and Olympians from several countries,” said McCollam. “It’s a unique opportunity for Tulsans; cycling is an up-close sport and you can interact with these amazing athletes, then get your family together and participate in one of our many recreational events.”

Tulsa Tough offers events and spectating opportunities for everyone with professional-level races, recreational and tour rides, kids and youth activities, live music and vendors in one action-packed weekend.