View Single Post
Old 05-13-01, 08:21 PM
nebill

Bikes: '76 Schwinn Paramout (Liberty) and an '89 Paramount (ol' Blue)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks JonR, aerobat and stan, you words are appreciated! This is a cool place to hang out when I can't be riding! I only had a little time to ride yesterday, and my bike had 243 miles on it, so I thought it would be nice to park it for a day of rest with 250 miles on it. Since I only had a short time, and I felt like a workout, I came up with this brilliant idea. The wind was out of the south, and there are two big hills south of town, so I headed south! Man, going uphill into a wind was a workout! The first chain ring on my bike is a "virgin" and I'll be darned if I was going to ruin that! I finally made it to the top, though! Then I tured around, and that was a different story! My trusty little Fuji Sagres set a new speed record with me aboard! Down hill with a tail wind, and I hit 35.6 MPH! Okay, okay, I know that was silly, that when you are riding a bike, your nose is your front bumper, but I had to give it a try! I also know that you are supposed to spin all the way down a hill, but I can only do about 27 or 28 before my feet fly off the pedals! Anyway, by the time I got home, I had my wanted 250 miles on, and now I am ready for my ride to work in the morning! The club ride is going to be about 12 miles, so I will probably make a little detour on my way home to add a few extra miles so I will be ready! I know I won't be first, but I don't want to embarass myself either! Thanks again folks for the kind words....."road warriors" and "big dogs", watch out!
(By the way Jon, nice looking bike!! I got my bike from a great bike dealer in North Platte (not sure if this forum will allow a plug, so I won't mention her name!) Somehow she knew I had $100 in my pocket, so that is what she sold it to me for! Best 100 bucks I ever spent!)
Bill

Last edited by nebill; 05-13-01 at 08:43 PM.